Um, hello. This is, of course, a bit awkward, but I do think that I’ll manage. My name is Amelie, and yes, I was actually half-named-after the movie “Die Welt von Amelie”, or “Amelie’s World” in English. I speak German and French fluently, and my third language is English, though I don’t have any sort of accent. This is certainly not my first time experimenting with creating a blog. However, I have a feeling that Jettamelon will stay around for a while. I’ve also decided to start exploring YouTube some more, and I’ve actually tried my hand at making a video or two. How the heck do people like Michelle Phan get their videos to be so… so… perfect?
I think that I’ll write all sorts of things on my blog. Stories, fashion, makeup, DIY, diaries, videos- you (probably) name it! I’ve also been to all kinds of places in the world. the ony continent that I’ve never been to is Asia, and Antarctica certainly does not count as a continent in this case.
I used to absolutely loathe any sport except horse-back riding, which I started intensely at a very young age. Now, I also compete in volleyball, which is the only ball-sprt that I actually enjoy playing.
Since so many bloggers create a list of things about themselves that their readers never knew, I decided to do the same thing, only instead, I will do it on my first post.
1. My favorite paranormal activity is zip-lining and white-water rafting. I did both in Costa Rica last summer.
2. My favorite clothing designers are Marni, J.Crew, and so many others that I can’t list them all. I love reading the magazines “Vogue”, “TeenVogue”, and “Nylon” the most.
3. Whenever I see the movie “Gone With the Wind”, I start leaking like a drain pipe. The most dpressing thing of all, in my opinion, is that the poor lover’s horse gets ridden so hard that when the journey is finally over, he collapses and dies, and the woman doesn’t even care! I’m trying not to give anything away by not giving any names…
4. My favorite foods are Gnocchi, Spaetzle, Bacon, Seaweed (I’m entirely serious), and any sort of noodle.
5. I do have a bit of an obsession with making things, so my blog will feature a lot of collages in the future.
6. I am horrible at making jokes, because my sense of humor is so unique that nobody understands my incredibly funny sayings (should I say “pun intended t make anything better?)
7. My favorite person in the world is my dog. She never gets mad at me when I’m being stupid, and when I’m sad, she’s always there to comfort me.
8. To be honest with you, I find TV pretty stupid. I do love to watch movies, but it ticks me off that 99% of the watch-able shows all have ads every ten seconds. In comedies, you also have that fake laughing in the background. Ugh! (Don’t take anything personally. You’re not the only one who has ever stared at me like I’m crazy. In fact, I get that a lot.)
9. When I’m grown up, I plan to write a book and be an architect or a scientist. If you haven’t caught on yet, I like to think of myself as a chic geek. Of course, it’s not like I’m about to tell anybody that.
10. In my opinion, the best thing in the world is being happy. (I sound like a monk when I say that.)